Thursday, March 20, 2008

Girls on Film

Last night was nice. The Internet is back up and I was finally able to log on. My momentary white heels obsession seemed to fade as my wardrobe had become more or less random as a result of the Internet problems. So I had to put something together quickly. I settled on a white skit, a bandanna halter top and my new red heels from Redgrave. I love the details on these shoes and I both them in both Black and Red, and really I should get the brown, but my wardrobe is lacking in that particular neutral. These shoes do deserve a better picture, and I will post another, but here they are for now.
Ok, for all those of you who might be curious. There is sex in SL. Why Virtual Sex works and goes beyond watching cartoons bumping pixels is hard to explain. I suppose the principal is the same as it is for cybersex: invest something into it and the action becomes greater than the sum of its parts. I must say that for a long time the erotic exploration of my psyche was a powerful force in my SL experience. I travelled down so many roads that I would never walk in real life. But ultimately, I find all that I have done in SL has increased my self awareness and confidence in RL. I have watched my own transformation as keenly as I have watched those of my Friends.

So last night, no sooner had I logged on, but I was teleported by Sarah, Tars and Viv, to Neva Naughty. Neva Naughty is a lag fest orgy room filled with newbies wandering about having sex randomly. Some of it is good, most of it is bad. And I if I had not heard a girl beg for someone to "mount me" I would have considered the sojourn there a total failure. But Vivian is new to SL and should be introduced to all the aspects of society my girls and I move in: we are not always ballroom dancing socialites after all, and everyone should have a small taste of SL's sordid underbelly.

So there we were in Neva. The photos are risque, but offer a small taste:

This is Vivian, with Sarah just behind her. Vivian is flat out stunning, and created her face all on her own. She is new to the world, but is a rather cheeky girl at heart. She has this quietness about her, but she is always paying attention. Suddenly I find myself surrounded by Aussie women, and I rather like that.

The other missing part of the puzzle is Tars. She is not an Australian, but is a dedicated explorer. Her journey through SL has been as dramatic and diverse as my own. But to see her last night, elegant and empowered, well I felt a bit self conscious. Its hard when all your friends are more beautiful than you are. God that sounds more shallow than I intended it. I revel in my friends beauty, but we as women, I think, have a hard time shaking that girlish curse of self image. The scary truth is that it is very hard to always be 100% confident in yourself, and for me, at least, a lot of insecurity can attach to body image. Having been a stick of a scrawny girl all my life, sometimes I am, even in Virtuality, confronted with my awkward inner girl looking back at me. Ah but no matter, Tars is wonderfully beautiful in all the right ways. See for yourself:



I am coming near time to end this post, which like many, never ends the way I think it will start. I have more to say about last night, so perhaps you will get another post for today. I am less brave than I though when it comes to talking about my scandalous behavior. I don't want to be too shocking. But I will close on this note:



My favorite shoe designer in SL is Sylfie Minogue. Her Prim Seduction store is mecca for shoe lovers. What I like about Sylfie over most of the other, very good designers in SL, is that her shoes walk a wonderful balance between classic and edgy and yet remain firmly planted in whimsy. I will do a whole post on Sylfie some day.



When I first met Tars and SarahJ, they were confined to the early stages of shoe awareness. They were both much too beautiful for those awful shoes that SL provides. All women deserve good footwear, and so I bought them both a pair of Sylfies. Last night, they were both wearing the shoes I had given them.























Sarah J's red sylfies (above) Tar's Balck Sylfies (below)

I leave you for now, with a promise of more later.
Enjoy!

JR











No comments: