Saturday, May 11, 2013

RL is Distracting

Real Life is a time-consuming process, and sadly distracts from the real business of fashion. Yet somehow I must pay for everything, and that involves work.  Work involved a trip to Chicago, and despite jetlag and meeting after meeting telling the same thing over and over, I did get some RL shopping in. Shoes, yes. But three dresses and a suit to round out my RL annual update.  I am hoping to get up to Santa Barbara over the next week, and hit up a store specializing in ethnic looking silk clothes (not sure exactly where they are from, but sort of loose and flowy casual stuff).  So keep looking for intermittent posts in the next few weeks, as I do some RL adjusting.
  So today is about FABOO Bikinis, which are fantastic. Griz does an amazing job with these, and the detail is wonderful.  Her colors are vibrant the results are stunning. 
     This picture shows my favorite pose on my current A/0 (Natural Expressions). I just love the dynamics of the poses and the movement.  The downside is the animation troublesomely distorts the right shoulder, causing awkward glitches in clothing, especially mesh clothing.   I am looking for a new A/O, or more realistically a bunch of animations to finally put in the built-in FS A/O. I resist shopping for fundamentals like animations as much as possible, but its time. Any recommendations as to the best stores for animations?



  
     I am always torn in what shoes to wear with a bikini. On the one hand practicality virtually mandates flip-flops, with sneakers being a close second.  IRL heels on a beach are next to impossible (but the Japanese Girls manage to do it-i don't know how).  This being second life, my major footwear considerations eliminate practicality, all shoes are comfortable and as you can see, water proof.  Yes there are adorable flats and sneakers in SL. Mostly I wear heels in SL because my feet never hurt and I wear flats and sneakers all the time (in addition to my heavy duty steel toe boots - GO ME!).  My new obsession is Jewelry and Ballgowns.  Not promising anything, but I have some ideas working in the back of my brain.  More soon.

No comments: